Royal Milk Tea has been enjoyed for years. This tea is made on the stovetop, helping make the milk thicker and the drink more luscious. If you’ve never enjoyed this tea in the comfort of your home, you’ve truly been missing out. With a nice cup of this tea, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your day. Read on below for a quick and easy recipe so you can become a pro when it comes to making Royal Milk Tea.
What You’ll Need
- 2 teaspoons of black tea of your choosing
- 1 and ½ cups of milk
- ½ cup of water
- Honey or sugar to taste
- Small bowl
- 2 pots
- Small strainer
- Teapot or preferred container
1. Gather all tools and ingredients.
Gather your tea, milk, water, honey or sugar, bowl, pots, spoon, and strainer. Have all these items ready before you begin.
2. Boil a bit of water.
In a pot, boil a bit of water to moisten the tea leaves.
3. Add tea leaves and water to the bowl.
Place your 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves in the bowl. Pour boiling water over the tea leaves once finished and let sit.
4. Add milk and water to a pot.
Add 1 and ½ cups of milk and ½ cup of water into a pot and begin to heat.
5. Add the moistened tea leaves.
Shortly before the milk and water starts to boil, add the moistened tea leaves to the mixture. Once added, use a spoon to mix them in well then turn off the heat.
6. Cover and allow to sit.
Cover the mixture inside the pot and allow it to sit for 4 minutes.
7. Strain into a teapot.
After 4 minutes, use a small strainer to strain the milk tea into your teapot or container.
8. Sweeten and enjoy.
Use either honey or tea to sweeten your tea to your preference then sip and enjoy.
The Royal Milk Tea Experience
Why do so many people love Royal Milk Tea? If you have to ask that question, you’ve clearly not tried this tasty tea. By cooking on the stove, this recipe is thick, creamy, and very tasty. It adds a bit of elegance to your day while offering a relaxing and calming effect while you drink.
While you chose black tea for this particular recipe, other types of tea can be used when making Royal Milk Tea. Darjeeling, Assam, or Ceylon teas can be used in this recipe. You simply adjust the number of tea leaves used according to which type you prefer.
Icing Your Tea
If you prefer Royal Milk Tea cold, then you’re in luck. This recipe can easily be altered to make it just as dreamy with a bit of coolness added. When the tea is cooling in the covered pot, instead of leaving it out, place it in the fridge to cool. Once finished, serve your tea over ice. You can also try drinking from a chilled glass to make the experience even better.
Simple Royal Milk Tea Recipe
- 1 Bowl
- 2 small pots
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Strainer
- 1 Container or teapot
- 2 tsp tea leaves
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup water
- Honey or sweetener to taste
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In a small pot, boil a bit of water.
- Add tea leaves and boiling water to a bowl.
- Add your milk and water to the other pot and begin heating.
- Before the milk and water begin to boil, add the moistened tea leaves and stir. Once mixed well, turn off the heat.
- Cover the mixture and allow it to sit for 4 minutes.
- After the time has passed, use a small strainer to pour the contents into a teapot or container of your choice.
- Sip and enjoy.
If you’re ready to enjoy the taste of Royal Milk Tea but want to avoid a hassle, then this recipe is the one you’ve been looking for. With only a few ingredients and a relatively short preparation and cook time, you’ll be amazed at the flavor of this magical tea. Hopefully, this quick and easy recipe gives you exactly what you’ve been wanting.
Looking for more milk tea recipes?
- Soothing Ginger Milk Tea Recipe (Simple Steps)
- How to Make Honeydew Milk Tea at Home: Simple Recipe
- Sweet & Satisfying Vanilla Milk Tea Recipe (Easy Steps)
Featured Image Credit: pullia, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Need
- The Royal Milk Tea Experience
- Icing Your Tea
- Simple Royal Milk Tea Recipe